PTFS wins a contract with one of the 50 State Department of Transportation’s agencies to provide its Geospatial Content Management System as a platform for quick and easy search across multiple widely used repositories.
The announcement was made on August 17, 2017 to pick PTFS as the awarded vendor.
PTFS provides solutions for quick access to data that reside in both geospatial and non geospatial formats for access by public entities or for use by internal users. This solution includes:
- Searching across multiple data repositories via a master index created by Knowvation from one easy, intuitive interface
- Combining geospatial, full text, and metadata search techniques into one query to find targeted data in area of interest
- Simultaneously searching across structured and unstructured content in Oracle database, ProjectWise, Esri ArcGIS, shared drives and existing state DOT services
- Display of unstructured content from multiple repositories in Esri ArcGIS Online site and access to actual files from same site
- Display and utilization of various state DOT GIS data layers including LRS and milepost data
- Geospatial tagging non-geospatial files through intuitive browser based GUI
The organization will remain anonymous until all paperwork is finalized.
Progressive Technology Federal Systems Inc. (PTFS) is a leading provider of Enterprise Content Management (ECM) solutions to federal, civilian, defense and intelligence agencies. Established in 1995 and headquartered in North Bethesda, Md., just outside Washington, D.C., PTFS launched its flagship ECM offering, Knowvation™ (originally ArchivalWare™) in 2000. The Knowvation GeoCMS suite of applications is entirely web-based and best known for providing content management capability in geospatial, declassification and library operations.