LibLime PTFS’ library division will be exhibiting at the ALA Midwinter 2020 Conference in the Pennsylvania Convention Center from Friday 1/24 to Monday 1/27 in Philadelphia. We will be in Booth 812 showing the latest functionality in Bibliovation 6.0. our 100% web-based Library Services Platform (LSP). Stop by Booth 812 to see how the Bibliovation digital content management module operates in conjunction with our MARC-based Cataloging Editor and our patron-driven Discovery Layer. While you’re there take the opportunity to enter our drawing for a Kindle Paperwhite.
LibLime will be highlighting new features in our Discovery Layer as well as functional enhancements done in various staff modules as designed by our library customers. Several of the new features include:
- ‘Green Holds’ algorithms to reduce transportation times & costs when resource sharing between regional members of a union catalog
- LDAP enhanced services designed to auto-create new patron records and update existing patron records
- New optional reporting features that support collection development by capturing searches performed, results retrieved, digital content reviewed, and digital content downloaded
- Visual searching in the Discovery Layer based on GEOMARC cataloging
- Expanded eBook downloads based on Overdrive and cloudLibrary API integration
- Digital object import with full-text search & retrieval
- Expanded metadata support for Dublin Core records at the import and export stage
- Rich social media immersion using community-based tags & reviews, and integration with social media tools such as Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, & others
To find out more about Bibliovation and our open development approach to library software design, visit LibLime at Booth 812 at the ALA Exhibit Hall.
LibLime is the global leader in open development Library Service Platform (LSP) support and cloud hosting. Rather than sell software licenses for static, hard-to-customize software products, LibLime educates libraries about the benefits of open development, enabling them to make choices about how best to provide their communities and staff with better technology services. LibLime then facilitates deployment of the LSP in libraries by providing outstanding consulting, development, implementation, and support/hosting services.